It’s been a great fall and winter in sunny Arizona. I’ve been happy to avoid snow completely for the first winter in my life. I’ve been grateful for all the nice phone calls and text messages that I’ve received since CBS Mornings rebranded and aired their rebranded weekly morning show, featuring my solo trumpet playing. As of late, I’ve enjoyed getting to play with the Phoenix Symphony on some pops and holiday concerts as well as sitting in with some great players in the Red Rock Brass Quintet at the Botanical Gardens in Phoenix.
2022 has a lot to look forward to: Continuing work on my country record in Nashville (which features the trumpet as a solo instrument), Some solo trumpet releases, and just began work on a microtonal ambient house/techno project inspired by late 70s early 80s Chicago and Detroit house scenes- also ft. trumpet as a solo instrument. Stay Tuned.
Some upcoming gigs of note:
- 12/31 NYE Celebration with the Phoenix Symphony ft. Leslie Odom Jr. @Symphony Hall (Phoenix) https://www.phoenixsymphony.org/
- Feb 4-5, 2022 Louis “Satchmo” Armstrong and the Queen of Jazz w/Phoenix Symphony ft. Byron Stripling and Carmen Bradford @Symphony Hall
- Feb 18-20 Music of Frank Sinatra and Beyond w/Phoenix Symphony ft. Tony Desare @Symphony Hall
- Mar 11-13 Celtic Mania w/ Denver Brass @Newman Center for the Performing Arts (Denver). www.denverbrass.org
- Apr 6 Faculty Concert at the University of Denver ft. Stravinky’s, Histoire du Soldat and Marsalis’, Fiddler’s Tale suites.
- May 21 American Tapestry w/ Denver Brass @Bethany Lutheran Church (Denver)
Have a wonderful Holiday season!